This Is What I Look Like

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 Rocío N. 2 Comments



Last year I wanted to do this self-portrait challenge, wherein an artist, or illustrator, or anyone up to it really, would produce a self-portrait for every month for a year. I decided to start it with my friend Louisa. She gave up sometime in February or March, and I in January. It was a short-lived challenge, but it did open my eyes to how absolutely difficult drawing yourself can be.

Two weeks ago, I stumbled across illustrator TS Abe, and heavily influenced by her fantastic work, I did a self-portrait more than a year after the last one. I ended up pretty satisfied with what I had come up with, despite the "trauma" I suffered while drawing the thing. It's going to take a while before I can even look at a simple sheet of A4 paper and mechanical pencil again.


Rocío x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow on the Blogger Programme

2 comments:

  1. Lovely drawing and I agree that drawing yourself is really hard.

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? That's why I've been putting it off for so long...and thank you very much for the compliment!

      Delete