Berlin: Day One

Thursday, September 03, 2015 Rocío N. 10 Comments


It was late in the afternoon when we arrived at the Berliner Hauptbahnhof. We didn't have any itinerary for the day: just to get to where we needed to be and settle. My uncle picked us up at the train station in his beige BMW convertible and drove us around the city to get a quick glimpse of the German capital.


It didn't take us long to reach what we were looking for: the Brandenburger Tor, and sure enough we saw it. Along the way, we were able to pass the Siegesäule and Universität Humboldt. The drive down the western side of Unter den Linden was beautiful: there were trees everywhere, and the wide throng of green was almost an other-worldly sight in such a populous city. Just from being in a train cabin for eight straight hours, you'd know how refreshing that would be. 



Exasperatingly having packed the wrong type of clothes, we headed next to the Mall of Berlin to purchase some fresh sets. It didn't occur to us to check that the weather news we'd seen could have been from the previous year and that instead of a breezy 17ºC it could reach a deadly 40º.



The entrance to the mall was breathtaking. Sure it looked like some malls back in Manila, but they don't have what made arriving there so exquisite: a view of the Rathaus across the street. I'll show you what I've purchased in a future post so you could also get a glimpse of the fantastic underground shops scattered around the place. For now, let's explore Berlin.






After another set of driving around Germany's capital, we reached our home for the next few days. My uncle's place was wonderful. It fit my aesthetics exactly: white walls, vintage-looking chairs, art on the walls, and a fantastic view.



And so marked the beginning of my first adventure in Berlin.

As I said before: time to get touristy.

Rocío

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow on the Blogger Programme

10 comments:

  1. Photos are amazing, I hope to visit Berlin one day :)

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! I'm sure you'd love it!

      Delete
  2. Berlin looks gorgeous! It's too bad you weren't weather prepared, but hey, you got do do some necessary shopping!

    I can't wait to see more of these posts!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, right? The fact that we brought the wrong clothes was actually great! I did need new clothes anyway, and having bought a few pieces in Berlin was too fun.

      Thanks, Erin!

      Delete
  3. I have nominated you for the liebster award! I think your blog is absolutely stunning and I love to read it <3 xoxo

    http://isobelmarian.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this is incredibly sweet of you. Thank you very much, Isobel! I look forward to doing it!

      Delete
  4. Never mind about the weather. We can never be too sure of the weather forecast. I've planned trips that were unexpectedly dominated by rain. Great photos by the way. I've never been to Germany but it's on my bucket list to visit. It seems like a good place to do a fashion shoot.
    Thanks for the Share. :)

    www.outlanderly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! The mix between urban spaces and buildings that come from all sorts of time periods is really cool to see! Thanks for visiting! x

      Delete
  5. Im seriously loving you blog girl! Keep it up im now obsessed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Isobel! Always nice to hear from you x

      Delete