A CHANGE IN CONTENT

Thursday, February 25, 2016 Rocío N. 2 Comments

As you might have noticed, my blog posts are becoming seldom. Though I do have a plethora of things on my plate, I find that posting irregularly on my part is somewhat unforgivable. I enjoy writing, I do -- just not about the topics typically found on my blog (the ones I  initially promised to keep up). Beauty, fashion, food, and lifestyle -- though they may fascinate me to some extent -- are not somethings of a passion with me.

I discovered my disinterest in writing these blog posts when I refused to share my blog with people outside my friend group. In the easiest of senses, I was embarrassed by my own writing. You see, as cliché as it sounds, my blog wasn't "me". My blog was the result of reading other's work, of blatantly copying other's masterpieces. I was left unhappy with the content I'd been posting and thought it best to "leave it to the professionals". Furthermore, I decided that by the end of this month, I will have deleted some posts that don't "speak" to me while leaving the ones that do. There will be a change in content, and I will be more than happy to deliver to all my readers that remain my readers a blog that is truly mine.

God, that's a lot of quotation marks.

(I will continue, however, to write about Berlin, though previous posts will require some amount of editing.)

Thank you for your understanding.

2 comments:

  1. Are u from Berlin? Your photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juliet! No, I am not. My family is actually from the south of Germany. Thank you very much! A new Berlin post should be up by the end of this week. It was lovely to hear from you x

      Delete